Thu 5th May, 2016
7.00pm - 9.00pm
ISRA, Level 3 128-132 South Parade Rd Auburn NSW 2144
Perfect your Reading of the Glorious Quran
Do you wish you could read the Holy Quran fluently and correctly using the Tajweed rules?
To obtain the full benefits of the blessed words of Almighty Allah, it is essential to recite the Qur’an as it was intended.
This 12 week course will assist intermediate students to learn about the articulation and characteristics of the letters and for those who want to perfect their articulation and fluency. There is no focus on vocabulary in this course.
In this interactive course, you will learn about:
- Introduction to tajwīd, hamzatul-wasl, waqf, sun & moon letters, heavy & light letters
- Madd (vowel prolongation)and madd silah (connecting prolongation)
- Qalqalah (sound echoing)and alamātul-waqf (punctuation marks)
- Ikhfā’ (suppression of n) and ikhfā’ shafawiyy (suppression of m)
- Iqlāb (inversion of n into m) and izhār (dissimilation)
- Waqf-ibtidā’ (pausa-commencement), hurūful-muqatta‘ah (abbreviations)
Course Instructor: Magda Moussa
For course enquiries, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Women's Only Course