This course will provide you with the tools to be able to understand the Qur’an and classical Arabic texts as well as a strong foundation in reading, speaking, listening and writing. Unravel the tradition and connect to the core of all Islamic sciences...Arabic.
Below is the in take dates for 2019!
Session 1 March - June
Session 2 July – October
Session 3 November – February
Master of Classical Arabic
ISL441 Arabic Skills 1
ISL442 Arabic Skills 2
ISL443 Arabic Skills 3
ISL460 Introduction to Arabic Reading
ISL461 Beginner Arabic Language 1
ISL462 Beginner Arabic Language 2
ISL463 Intermediate Arabic Grammar 1
ISL464 Intermediate Arabic Grammar 2
ISL465 Advanced Arabic Grammar
ISL566 Applied Arabic 1: Morphology
ISL567 Applied Arabic 2: Syntax
ISL568 Applied Arabic 3: Classical Texts
Graduate Diploma of Classical Arabic
This course develops intermediate level of proficiency together with a foundational knowledge and analytical skills in the study of classical Arabic. The subjects assist in developing an intermediate understanding of Arabic grammar through the study of Islamic texts written in classical Arabic. The course prepares students for further academic study in classical Arabic.
- Impart an in-depth understanding of classical Arabic
- Provide intermediate knowledge of the Arabic grammar and its application in fine classical Arabic literature
- Provide intermediate knowledge and the history of the Arabic language
Students must satisfactorily complete 64 points comprising of eight core subjects to complete the Graduate Diploma.
Graduate Certificate in Islamic Studies
This course develops a foundational level of proficiency together with broad-based knowledge and critical skills in the study of the classical Arabic language. The course prepares students for further academic study in classical Arabic and assists students develop a basic proficiency in the recitation of the Qur'an together with introductory writing, speaking and reading skills in Arabic language, including grammar.
- Impart understanding of classical Arabic at introductory level
- Provide foundational knowledge of the Arabic grammar and its application in fine classical Arabic literature
- Provide foundational knowledge and the history of the Arabic language