“Come meet the female cast of Muslim influencers of the past”
This course is for girls 12-18 years old.
An 8-week course designed to inspire and empower young Muslim women in discovering and embracing their identity. The course will cover eight Muslim women often unheard of and the lessons that can be learnt from them. It also provides the chance for the attendees to learn skills with other like-minded women, creating a safe community for them to express themselves freely. A skill-based activity is conducted after each presentation.
- Week 1: Fatima Al-Fihri/ Importance of Education
- Week 2: Lubna of Cordoba/ The power of words and translation
- Week 3: Khawlah bint Al-Azwar/ Woman in a man’s world
- Week 4: Nusaybah bint Ka’ab/ The Muslim woman identity
- Week 5: Rufaidah bint Saad/ Importance of community service
- Week 6: Arwa Al Sulayhi/The characteristics of a leader
- Week 7: Ashifa bint Abdullah/The power of sisterhood
- Week 8: Mariam Al-Ijiliyah/ Importance of curiosity
Activities: Star- gazing, calligraphy, self-defence, first aid, lantern making
This course will run from 16 October to 4 December. Lunch, materials and resources will be provided.